The Director-General is to lead the GAC Secretariat and has the responsibility to provide strategic leadership, technical and administrative direction for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission
1. Initiates action for the formulation of policies of the Commission.
2. Oversees the implementation of policies and programs of the Commission.
3. Exercises oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Commission.
4. Advise the Board and implement its decisions on corporate and operational policies.
5. Oversees the preparation and submission of annual budgets of the Commission to the Board for approval.
6. Oversees the preparation and submission of annual and other periodic reports to the Board.
7. Initiates, develops and maintains cooperative relationships with government, public and private sectors, development partners and other stakeholders in carrying out the mandate of the Commission.
8. Represents the Commission at local and international levels on matters relating to the functions of the Commission.
9. Serves as a member of the Board.
10. Oversees the implementation of performance management policy in the Commission.
11. Provides strategic guidance for resource mobilization for the Commission.
The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E. the President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 2016, Act 938 of Parliament. The objective of the Commission is to formulate policy on the HIV and AIDS epidemic and...find out more