The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E. the President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 2016, Act 938 of Parliament.
The objective of the Commission is to formulate policy on the HIV and AIDS epidemic and to direct and coordinate activities in response to HIV and AIDS.
Functions of the Commission:
To achieve its object, the Commission shall
* Formulate policies and strategies on HIV and AIDS and determine program priorities
* Provide high-level advocacy for HIV and AIDS prevention and control
* Provide leadership in national planning, supervision, and support of the HIV and AIDS program
* Plan and coordinate activities in relation to the national HIV and AIDS response
* Mobilize, control and manage resources available for the achievement of the object of the Commission and monitor the allocation and utilization of the resources
* Foster linkages among stakeholders
* Generate strategic information to influence policy, strategies, planning, and use of resources
* Promote research and dissemination of information on HIV and AIDS and documentation of persons living with HIV and
* Monitor and evaluate programs of the national HIV and AIDS response
As portrayed in its institutional motto, "Working actively and in partnership towards the elimination of HIV and AIDS," the Commission collaborates and works closely with a wide range of organizations including development partners in carrying out its mandate of management and co-ordination of HIV and AIDS activities in the country. It provides funding support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector enterprises, faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other civil society organizations to undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
The Ghana AIDS Commission, as the highest policy-making body on HIV and AIDS, is “to provide effective and efficient policy formulation, coordination and management of the national response to HIV and AIDS in partnership with all stakeholders.”
The vision of Ghana AIDS Commission is that “Ghana becomes a country where HIV and AIDS are eliminated.”
The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E. the President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 2016, Act 938 of Parliament. The objective of the Commission is to formulate policy on the HIV and AIDS epidemic and...find out more