The Office of the Director General
As the Chief Executive of the executive arm of the Ghana AIDS Commission, The Director General has responsibility for overall planning, management and co-ordination of the programmes and activities of the Secretariat. Sees to the effective implementation of decisions of the Commission and provides direction for the Secretariat. Responsible for ensuring the efficient utilization of the Human, financial and material resources of the Secretariat.
- Recommends policies and procedures for carrying out the work of the Commission
- Coordinates the activities of all divisions of the Secretariat.
- Prepares and presents the required technical papers for the Commission
- Responsible for the operational and financial administration of the Commission
- Prepares budgets for consideration and approval of the Commission.
- Implements decisions taken by the Commission
- Establishes effective linkages with sectoral ministries departments and agencies to harmonize the work of the Commission
- Liases with Theme Group and other donor agencies with the view to regulate and coordinate the forms and levels of resource mobilization for HIV/AIDS activities
- Ensures that background materials of the HIV/ADIS of Ghana are prepared.
- Speaks on HIV/AIDS issues affecting the country on behalf of the Commission
- Serves as a member/secretary to the Ghana Aids Commission
- Prepares and presents annual report on the activities of the Commission
- Carries out any other duties that may be assigned by the Commission